World Heritage Centre
The Centre provides the day-to-day management of the Convention.
It organizes the statutory sessions required by the World Heritage Convention, the biennial General Assembly of the Member States, the annual sessions of the World Heritage Committee and the sessons of its Bureau.
At the request of a Member State, the Centre:
- organizes assistance in the preparation of preliminary lists and appointments for the World Heritage List;
- mobilizes international assistance, training courses and assistance for possible emergencies;
- assists in monitoring and preparation of the conservation status of the World Heritage properties;
- organizes technical seminars and workshops, develops teaching materials to promote awareness of the World Heritage issues;
- holds the registers of statutory bodies and documents related to World Heritage, educational films, CD-ROMs, books and other materials.
The World Heritage Centre is located in Paris
7, place de Fontenoy
75352 Paris 07 SP, France
tel : 33-1-45 68 15 71 / 33-1-45 68 18 76
fax : 33-1-45 68 55 70